Unfortunately I have learnt heavily from this project on the meaning of Backup!!
A couple of days later I unfortunately had my MacBook pro stolen with a lot of the footage on it. luckily I and most of it on SD card still and could recover it . However all the footage of the docks and most of the Chinatown visuals had been lost. I took it upon myself to return to Liverpool and get as much footage as I could. This worked well and I had saved the project from disaster by getting plenty more footage and coverage.
I quickly bought backup material including two hard drives and cloud backup. I realized I needed to keep an offsite backup so if int he future my bag got stolen again with the hdd and mac in it the footage would be off site and safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment