During the Liverpool shoot I acted as the assistant camera. Due to my knowledge of the DSLR we were shooting on I contributed largely to advising Shelton on filming. Both cinematography and technically I played a large role which I really enjoyed. I believe it will help in the editing process as well having stepped into the shooting a lot more and knowing the strengths of the footage really well. During the shoot and especially the interview me and Alice the director were already thinking about the structure of the film.
Overall I think the shoot went really well, the group worked really well and we all followed the directors instructions clearly. I made a point of getting plenty of coverage with Shelton as there was so much to shoot and things to experiment with visually. We also made a pint of using pull focus but fell we may have used it to much.
The main thing i learnt from the trip was shooting in confined spaces especially on short time scales. foR Instance the interview we only had one chance and the room was very small and difficult to shoot in. Unfortunatly some of the interview is slightly out of focus.
I felt I learnt a lot on this trip about working in the field. Due to work commitments I wasn't able to stay over in Liverpool. This made it increasingly difficult to be there as I had to get the train in morning and travel to and from Sheffield and Liverpool. However I felt planning along side the schedule made by the producer and understanding the groups position made the situation a lot easier for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment