Friday, 8 March 2013

Get Deluxe

A Documentary film maker that I am heavily inspired by is Tom Welsh from Sheffield. He is heavily involved in the music scene. He is employed by bands and other events industry people to shoot them music videos, diary's and documentaries. Although this is not the style of documentary we are taking in the Liverpool project, his cinematography style is brilliant and works really well. I really like the way he uses shallow depth of field, cut aways and his colour in the edit.

As the editor and camera assistant in the project I am keen to take his experimental approach to documentary and make it personal. Using techniques similar to his to really explore the aesthetics of the china town architecture with close ups and some hand help footage.

He also runs a blog which really inspires and teaches many things about his approach to film. He displays his method of edit work flow and set up which was really interesting to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment